Mandy tagged me in her 10 things you don't know about me post, and I figured a life lately post would be the perfect place to do it!
1. I was bit by a dog when I was about 18 months. It chomped my whole face, through my eyebrow and cheek, and under my chin, nearly blinding me. I still have scars.
2. I was obsessed with CATS as a kid. Like the musical, not the animal. I had the video and knew every dance and every song. I'd perform it with my brothers and my friend and her brother and force our parents to watch us perform it dozens of times while videotaping it. I still know all the lyrics.
3. I'm excited to go grey.
4. I've never broken a bone, unless you count the cracked rib I got in 11th grade from coughing while having the most awful flu/cold sickness.
5. I have emetophobia (from wikipedia: an intense, irrational fear or anxiety pertaining to vomiting. This specific phobia can also include subcategories of what causes the anxiety, including a fear of vomiting in public, a fear of seeing vomit, a fear of watching the action of vomiting or fear of being nauseated.). Not quite as bad as when I was younger. I used to cry if I was anywhere near someone vomiting. I didn't have a phobia of doing it myself, but being around it happening to someone else, smelling it, or hearing it... I would get so much anxiety. This is a major reason why having a kid frightens me slightly. Kids tend to vomit a lot, sooo that's gonna be great.
6. I've never been in a car accident with another vehicle (besides a couple fender bender backing-into-a-car accidents). The only full-speed accident I've been in happened when I hit a patch of black ice, spun around, crossed the road full speed in reverse and hit a tree. But I've never been in an accident with another car where I was driving. I was in the car for a 5 car accident, also involving black ice, but wasn't driving.
7. I love karaoke.
8. I ran hurdles in Track & Field when I was in high school. I wasn't a very fast runner, but people always seemed impressed that I jumped over things while running and therefore didn't notice that I wasn't super fast. I'm convinced the 200 meter hurdle race was invented by Satan. In hell you have to run that race over and over again while he laughs at you, because you want to die, but– joke's on you... you're already dead.
9. I played Clarinet in band in junior high and high school.
10. I think I might enjoy public speaking. Not entirely sure yet, as I haven't had tons of excuses to actually speak in public. But I fear vomit like 1,000 times more than getting on stage. I would get on stage and speak at a packed out Tacoma Dome with 5 minutes notice over getting puked on any day.