One of my friends from high school is a make up artist so I asked her if she wanted to do a makeup tutorial for a New Year's Eve party look, and she did! Tess is a costumer (she works on movies, so cool!) and also has a personal style consulting business as well. She splits her time between working on in LA and with her consulting clients in our hometown of Anchorage, Alaska. She's an awesome and fun girl, so it was a blast having her do the look on me!
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Chanel Illusion D'Ombre creme shadow in Epatant
Stila Day Dream Pallet color shadow "Fancy" (from the pallet)
MAC Pigment in Naked
NARS Mini Soft Touch Shadow Pencils in Agile Noir & Ballets Russes
MAC Pro Lash Mascara
MAC Fluid Line in Blacktrack
Duo Eyelash Adhesive in Black
Ardell Single Lashes in Medium Black
Stila One Step Correct
Makeup Forever HD Foundation
MAC Powder Blush in Dame
MAC Lipstick in Chic
1. Prep eyelids from lash line to brow bone with MAC Painterly.
2. Apply Chanel Illusion D'Ombre creme shadow in Epatant all over eyelid & smudge under lower lash line.
3. Blend Stila's "Fancy" eye shadow into crease.
4. Smudge NARS Mini Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Agile Noir over top lashline, into the outer corner of eyelid (forming an almost V) as well as lower lash line, blending slightly.
5. Apply two to three coats of MAC Pro Lash Mascara.
6. Go over top smudged lash line with MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (feel free to wing it slightly out!)
7. Highlight brow bone & inner eye corner with MAC Pigment in Naked.
8. Add NARS Mini Soft Touch Pencil in Ballets Russes in inner eye corner & pop a bit in the center of eyelid to help accentuate a bit of bling for the New Year.
9. Fill in brows with desired brow color.
10. Add Ardell Single Lashes in Medium Black by using tweezers & slightly dipping each lash into Duo Eyelash Adhesive in Black. Start with the outer corner & go 3/4 of the way into the lash line placing each lash as close as comfortable to your natural lash line.
1. Apply one or two pumps of Stila One Step Correct all over face.
2. Apply one or two pumps of Makeup Forever HD Foundation starting at the nose & working your way around the face to complete coverage.
3. Use one or two clicks of Dior Skinflash under eyes, down the nose, & above cupid's bow of lips & blend to highlight & conceal the skin.
4. Set with a translucent powder if desired.
5. Apply MAC Powder Blush in Dame at apples of cheeks.
6. Apply a perfect pucker of MAC Lipstick in Chic.
7.Smile, find a dapper Gentleman to kiss at Midnight, & have a wonderful New Year!